Monday, August 10, 2009

Don't Worry, I am Alive.

What a busy month it's been. With my Salient column duties and various beery events I've not had the time or consciousness to get anything up here in a while.

Things in my life have been getting very beery recently. Ever since I decided to take a break from my degree this semester, I've been focusing my energies on becoming more involved with promoting good beer.

So first up I got a part time job running in-store tastings for Green Man Brewery in Wellington. I did my first one on Thursday and it was a blast! If you see a fellow in a Green Man t-shirt and a suit jacket around Wellington - that'd be me.

But the most exciting thing for me is getting a new full-time job at a soon-to-open Wellington beer bar: Hashigo Zake.
Having a general managers license and a deep knowledge of beer finally paid off. I knew if I drank enough someone would pay me to do it.

But seriously. Hashigo Zake looks to be the Bar Edward of central Wellington. It will be a free house, and Dominic (boss man and SOBA member) has imported a pallet of beer from Norway, England, America and Japan. These will be exclusive to Hashigo Zake. The plan is also to have a good amount of taps, which could all be changing as stock becomes avaliable. In other words, all guest taps.

And finally, I'll be working at Beervana this year as a duty manager. Which means I'll be at every session! I'll be getting paid to serve good beer, and hopefully make some new friends in the brewing world.

No comments:

Post a Comment